US President Donald Trump said Monday that the US government should get a “substantial portion” of the sales price of the US operations of popular short-video app TikTok and warned he will ban the service in the United States on September 15 without a sale.

The turnaround came after Trump on Friday said he was planning to ban the Chinese-owned video app’s US operations as soon as Saturday after dismissing a possible sale to Microsoft.

It was reported last week that some investors are valuing TikTok at about $50 billion (roughly Rs. 3.75 lakh crores), citing people familiar with the matter.

Read more at Gadgets 360